Monday, July 23

An update - July 23, 2012

yup, been a very long time since I've updated (over a year.. how did that happen?)... but truth is until the last couple of months we've just been at a stand still... trying on our own with no success.

So here it is... not pregnant yet

Early May I had the laposcopy surgery... dr cleaned up endo from my left side and drained a simple cyst from my right ovary. Took me 4 weeks to get back to crossfit but that was probably more mental then anything else. I took a pretty hard blow from someone close to me telling me how to become pregnant... yes you read that right. So it still plays on me mentally here and there. Ok so lap done and cleaned up and ready to go... cycle monitoring with the fertility clinic.. At this point I had also lost 25lbs since the end of January! woohooo!

1st cycle after lap - same as always.. and ridiculous pain with that period... holy crap!

2nd cycle after lap - see dr something like the day I started my period. He doesn't outright say you have PCOS but it's certainly looking like that... I'm on metformin. Holy crap! I ovulate CD 13/14... my norm was always 18/19 so obviously my body is liking even this tiny dose of metformin. But my luteal phase falls short and I only make it to CD 25 before period starts again. Bummer!

3rd cycle after lap - today is CD 8.. did bloodwork already on CD 5 and everything was fine. I didn't feel like adding to the ultrasound techs Saturday morning line up of TTC ladies so I'm waiting till CD 10 to check on my follicles. And will probably have to go CD 13 and then CD 16 to make sure the biggest one is gone (and we're going camping this weekend... oy! Not exactly prime location for baby making). We're just doing timed intercourse at this point and continuing to monitor my cycle so we know we're hitting the exact right time of the month.. what a load of worry that takes off :-) ... My husband has a big course in September and will be gone for 2 weeks... so after that we'll be diving into cycle monitoring and IUIs with each cycle to hopefully speed things up if we're still trying. This cycle I've added vitex to my supplement routine and I think the RN at the clinic might also give me a progesterone shot depending on how blood work pans out. I like knowing that we're going to tweak something each month... I feel a little less like I'm just beating my head against the wall... you know? gotta get the luteal phase to hold on a few more days just in case this is what's causing me not to make it to the 28-30 day mark and possibly loosing a pregnancy.. I'm not spending time thinking about that though. I'll keep looking ahead and focus on one day, week, month, cycle at a time.

So I'm really hoping that this blog won't be sitting dormant with nothing to share for another year... my fingers are crossed that we're almost there! :-)   I'm trying very hard not to take my foot off the gas until we get there.

No comments: