Tuesday, September 8

very interesting....

so it's month three using the ov watch and look at this.....

cycle 1 - O, CD 21

cycle 2 - O, CD 23

cycle 3 - O, CD 16!!!!!!!!! WTF!

CD 16 isn't that when most normal women ovulate? or close to it anyways. I couldn't believe it when I saw my wrist the other morning... I was sitting up all sleepy and trying to wake up enough to say good bye to my DH and give him a kiss and then I caught out the corner of my eye that the watch looked like it had more writing up then the typical NF it has been displaying night after night... FERTILE DAY 1... holy crap! Window had opened!!!

I emailed my Naturopath and she thought that was awesome and to keep up the good work... uh oh... you mean the eating healthier and getting in lots of yoga is probably what did this?! Nothing better then a complete shift in your cycle to keep you on track!

I should mention too that I've been doing contrast showers... which yes totally freaked me out in the beginning but its kinda routine now and helps me shake off the morning fog and get going. What's a contrast shower you ask???? I take my usual shower temperature and then when I'm done, knock it down to a colder temp. I nice catch your breath in your throat cold and make sure I get a good 30+ seconds on my neck and chest... which I guess is helping with my thyroid?! Even though testing came back normal for my thyroid my ND still wants to see a better number over all and this is suppose to help along with the better eating and sweating I've been doing and holy crap it must be working cause that O day is a dramatically different this month.

Off to get poked by some needles after work and then some other poking a little later tonight LMAO... yes I went there... sorry! haha

4 comments:

Fertility Chick said...

That's awesome!!! Thank you for your note on my blog about the ov watch - I'm really intrigued...though lately my periods have been about 40 days apart...so I guess it won't work for me? Am hoping with my acupuncture and TCM, I'll see a change in my cycle too.

Good luck!!!

Mommy In Waiting said...

I was really excited to see someone else using the watch! I had never heard of it before and was really hoping I didn't just buy an expensive hoax. Good luck!

Malinda said...

thank you both so much for commenting! I'm really excited for this cycle... feeling pretty optimistic at this point.

Fertility Chick... the customer support at ov watch is fantastic and will answer all your questions and quickly if you email them (which I loved)... I did the TCM too for about 6 months... 3 different bottles taken at 3 different times in my cycle... but honestly it has been the physical activity that I think has made the BIGGEST different.. the proof is in this months 'o' day! My ND was so excited for us! I think the acupuncture is awesome too but more used to keep the energy moving where it needs to go.

MIW - I'm always so surprised when I find out someone new is reading! The ov watch has really taken the stress out of the TTC stuff... I don't bother with anything else, no BBT, saliva scopes, opk... just follow the ov watch to tell us when its baby makin' time. And thank goodness we did because we would have completely missed the window had we been following what the "window" was in those previous months. And FYI once the watch reads Fertile day 1 you can stop wearing it... it just needs to be worn at the first of a cycle until you get the Fertile Day 1 and then it automatically reads through 2,3,4,O-1, O-2 etc....

Mommy In Waiting said...

Thanks so much for the tips! Praying this is our month!