Tuesday, August 1

DAY 1

I don't feel right about continuing with my 40 + days count because I've pretty much fallen off the wagon for the last 10 days and a good 30 days of that I wasn't working out. So today I post to my blog another day one and a desire and promise to myself to do better.

My focus this week is breakfast. I always eat this meal around 9:30 or 10am which is hours after I wake up each day. This morning I got up at 7am and had a bowl of Kashi crunch whole grain cereal + skim-milk + strawberries. I'm honestly suprised at how much I enjoyed it. lol And then this morning at 10:30am I had a snack. Plain yogurt + strawberries + 1tsp flax seed. I just received the diet guide info I purchased from someone on ebay so I'm trying to stick to that minus one snack.

I also got on the scale this morning and before me flashed the whooping 200.0 lbs. Personally I'm thinking an even 200 is a pretty good place to start and work my way down for good. I'm going to have my husband hide the scales so I can't get my hands on them. I've decided (after seeing a clip from Oprah) that I'm going to give my body the fair chance it needs to get into this eating and exercise routine and not weight myself for 2 months maybe longer depending on how good I'm feeling and looking. The scale can be such a huge distator of my mood from one day/week to the next (and I try not to weight myself more then a couple times a week). I realize more now then ever that my body is going need a little time to adjust and if I get on that scale I'm setting myself up for failure if I decide that day that the number has dropped or hasn't dropped far enough.

So here's a breakdown of where I stand today:

Weight - 200lbs
Neck - 14 3/4
Chest - 44 1/2
Waist @ bely button - 40
Hips - 47 1/2
L.Bicep - 14
R.Bicep - 14
L.Thigh - 24
R.Thigh - 23 1/2


My ultimate goal is gettng to an ideal weight that I feel I can maintain. I'm trusting my body for now to tell me what that is vs. saying I want to loose 70 lbs. My drive and focus comes from the fact that in another year my husband and I want get our family started. Not only am I focusing on my own health but his and our financial well being. I know everyone always says that you'll never have enough money to be able to afford kids but I do want less debt then we have now. We really want to be able to enjoy being pregnant and bringing this child into the world so the less we have to worry about other then daycare and how much of what we're going to need the better. At least that's my point of view right now I'm sure there are mothers/parents out there that would feel differently. But for now that's where my heads at.

7:00am - whole grain cereal + strawberries + skim-milk - 5pts
10:30am - p. yogurt + strawberries + ground flax seed - 2.5pts
12:00pm - cucumber & tomatoe salad + olive oil + parmessan - 2pts

3:00pm - chips - 4pts
9:00pm - okay eat something completely bad and aweful but this is my blog and I want to be honest and count the points - 25pts (but I'm not going to let this meal throw me off course for another 2 weeks)


Total Points: 38.5 pts
(allowed 24-29/day)


Photo shoot tonight so no time for a workout. Although some people might not see this as a difficult thing to do let me fill you in. I shoot intimate photographes of pregnant moms and it does get my heart rate going. I want my clients to feel comfortable and at ease and I work hard to make sure that every woman that leaves my studio is feeling good and proud of her growing belly. I'm always wiped after a shoot but it's a feeling of tiredness and complete happiness. I love it when I have a session with an expectant mom, young family, baby or toddler. Just so much fun!!

No comments: