Wednesday, March 19

I PVR'ed a new show that premiered on sunday night TLC called I can make you thin with Paul Mckenna and finally got a chance to watch it last night. Was up too late but it was worth it. Its running for the next 5 weeks.

4 Golden Rules (week 1)

1. Eat when you are hungry
2.
Eat what you want, not what you think you should.
3.
Eat CONSCIOUSLY and enjoy every mouthful
(this consists of taking a bit and putting down the fork and knife and chewing it)

4. When you think you are full, STOP eating.

This all seems pretty much common sense but is it really? Do we consciously stop and think why did I put that in my mouth? Am I hungry or am I feeding an emotion? I''m looking forward to the emotional eating info.

I'm a complete and total emotional eater. huge confession here! I will and have hidden food from husband or family and eat it alone, I've crammed down 2 chocolate bars or grocery store donuts or 1 too many cream eggs in the very short drive home after buying groceries. I have argued with my husband to pick up the milk on his way home from work because I know I can't go into the grocery store and NOT binge on something terrible. I've waiting for my husband to go to bed so I can binge on something sweet that's leftover in the kitchen. I have made a detour in my drive in order to find a garbage can to throw out the fast food garbage or wrappers in an effort to not get caught.

*big gulp* here as I contemplate clicking on publish post. I've never put this down, I've never admitted what I've been doing for so long. Even when I lived alone, I use to feel like I was going to get caught eating so many/so much of the wrong things.

On a more uplifting note I made 4 lunch salads + dinner + 2 dinner salads + cut up all the veggies I bought and stored in fridge + hard boiled some eggs + I made cupcakes :-( what the hell! lol I'm not going to beat myself up over it though.

Now I'm going to stop what I'm doing and turn away from my computer while I enjoy a snack cause I'm hungry! Real hunger this time.

No comments: