Chalene Johnson - Turbo Jam creator
... here's a few words of motivation for those of you doing the 10 Day. Keep this in mind...
It's only ten days. The more serious you are, the more astonishing your results.
Every year you say you're going try. This year you DO. This time it's truly different.
You will do it this time! Picture your "After" photo in your mind and what it will take to get you there.
Failure is not an option.
If you follow the plan, you will lose weight and inches! Those who do not follow the plan will not see dramatic results.
It's all up to one person ….YOU. It's very empowering. It is self love.
Post a picture of someone whose physique or accomplishments are your inspiration. Post it on your fridge or in your pantry.
Remember, smaller portions, eat less at night. Snack less. No drinks with calories.
Avoid thinking, "Oh, this won't hurt." as you snack or eat more than you need.Be a buddy. Everything is easier when you have a friend on the same journey!
Involve the whole family, the whole office, and your circle of friends in your new healthy lifestyle.
Throw it away! Toss it! There are two or three things in your home, right now, that you can't resist. They are more harmful than helpful. Toss them!
Eliminate that negative voice in your head.
Think only positive, "I can do this." "I can see myself thinner, more fit and with more energy.", "My body is finally working with me, not against me." "Now I have the tools to be successful. Now I have the personal motivation. Now I'm finally ready." Studies show that people who were able to repeat positive thoughts while on a diet were able to shed far more pounds and inches than those who repeated negative comments, even jokingly, about their progress or lack thereof.
Lack of time is not the problem. No one "has" time. You must make time. Our last 3 Presidents (before solving the World's problems) all made time for daily fitness. You can make time for fitness.
Don't leave it to chance. Fitness requires some planning. Get up earlier and workout with me before you go to work. A workout is the best way to start the day! Not a morning person? Too bad. Too tired after work? "Get over it!"
If you feel great and already did Turbo Jam today, don't stop there! Do another! Do a longer program. Be more active! Go for a power walk with your best friend or your daughter.
Water! Drink more water!
Eat less, eat right, and do Turbo Jam with me! This really works. It has worked for hundreds who continue to lose and KEEP IT OFF year after year. People who year after year just keep getting more and more fit.
Exercise gives you energy. It improves your sex life, your productivity, your mood, your outlook, your attitude, your patience, your posture and your waistline. All of this and the best part is it's LEGAL!!!!
It's only 10 days. Don't "try" to give 100%.... JUST DO IT.
1) EAT FRESH!
- Fruits, veggies, UNPROCESSED foods, whole grains, raw fish
2) GET RID OF THE WHITE!
- If it's white and soft DON'T do it!
- That means muffins, breads, bagels, potatos (
3) INCREASE RAW FOOD INTAKE
- that means RAW fruits, veggies, fish. (Like fresh broccoli, carrots, spinach, apples, blueberries, strawberries, edemoomoo, tuna, salmon, etc.)
4) CARDIO EVERYDAY, STRENGTH TRAINING 3 TIMES A WEEK
- Turbo Jam or Turbo Kick, cardio intensive programs
- Create a calorie defecit!
- People who add strength training (aka: weights) 3 times a week WITH their cardio see results 30% FASTER than those who do just cardio
- Train like you're an athlete
- Create a schedule of least resistance! Which means don't plan your workout at a time when you know you will be busy! Get up an hour earlier when the kids are asleep. Make the time for you so you know you can get it done!
5) STOP EATING 3 HOURS BEFORE BED TIME!!!!!!!!
- pretty obvious. It's ok to go to bed hungry! Plus you get to wake up with the nice flat morning stomach!
6) KEEP A FOOD JOURNAL AND KEEP AN ACCURATE CALORIE COUNT
- This will help you to see where you might be going wrong
- Simply put it means eat less. Think of a portions size looking like the size of a deck of cards. And not the novelty JUMBO sized playing cards you freakin cheaters.
- Look at airplane food. Notice how they bring it to you on the tray with everything seperated. THAT'S normal portion sizes. That's how we should be eating. Size wise, not airplane food cause that's just gross.
8) EAT EVERY 2 1/2 TO 3 HOURS
- The metabolism slows after 2 1/2 hours without food, when this happens it can lead to insatiable hunger and uncontrolled snacking.
- take some kashi bars with you. Get the lil' ziplock baggies and prepack them with almonds or granola or dried blueberries and cranberries. Put them with your purse or bag in the morning so you don't leave them behind. (those are my own personal tips there that I use)
9) IDENTIFY YOUR ACHILLES HEEL
- know what your downfall is
- what's your food weakness?
- what emotion causes you to eat?
- what environment do you find yourself mindlessley eating?
- who makes you feel like you can never do it?
-Once you identify these things eliminate them from your life or avoid putting yourself in those situations
10) NO (ZIP, ZERO, ZILCH, NADA, NEIN, NON) ALCOHOL FOR 30 DAYS
- yup I put that in different languages just incase you don't comprende. Originally, seeing as how it's the 10 in 10, it was only supposed to be for 10 days. But Chalene made a VERY good point and that was "If you have a problem withholding from alcohol for 10 days then you NEED to stay away from it for 30"
11) INCREASE YOUR SLEEP BY 1 TO 2 HOURS EACH NIGHT
- This is more for people like me, I think, who are eeking by on 6-7 hours a night. One should get 8 GOOD hours of sleep. If you aren't then you need to cut something out and give yourself and your body that extra time to rest.