Monday, June 22

the secret ..... revealed!

So I'm not sure why it was all hush hush but the big secret for which we all had to head up to my in-laws place was that Opa gave my husband and his brother $5000 each.

It's kinda bittersweet as Opa is the last grandparent on my husband's side and although the gift is appreciated I know my sweet husband is a little sad to hear that Opa is spending so much time talking about the past but can't remember what he did the day before... I think the quilt of not making it to visit him more is eating at my husband as well. It has been harder since his Oma passed away, she sounded like the most amazing Oma and the glue that kept the family gathering around the table more then twice a year. I wish I could have known her.

After some chat we've decided to put the majority of the funds away... into a savings account (in both our names) so we have that little nest egg to sit on for those "oh crap" moments... like another winter in the boating industry! And my DH will be spending a little on the diving course he's wanted to do for over a year now and he's wants to help me with a little toward my macbook savings! I can't wait to get my hands on one and be truly mobile!!

My brother-in-law and his gf are moving into the first home come July 31 so this will make for a smooth transition for them. Yeah!! Cause home ownership brings a whole new bag of stresses.

No AF and no ov watch yet.... hoping both arrive today so we can get this next cycle started!!! :-)

2 comments:

Christy said...

It seems your AF is being considerate and waiting for your watch to arrive so you can start the cycle tracking everything!

As you know, I'm a huge supporter of you two and am keeping all appendages crossed :)

Malinda said...

thank you Christy!!!

power of the mind I guess keeping AF at bay... I have to start wearing it the 1st, 2nd or 3rd day of my cycle so it has got to get here by then! usually I'm 30/31 days